ARTIST WORKSHOP MISSION
The Board of Directors establishes, promotes, organizes and manages the development of the studio in such a way that will benefit the members of the Artist Workshop. It aims to provide activities that will promote the understanding, appreciation and enjoyment of the visual arts and encourages and supports a higher level of art education by providing opportunities in order for individuals to further their skills in the visual arts.
The workshop's studio provides 1800 square feet of studio space with plenty of tables and easels available. The studio amenities include a lounge, library, kitchenette, lockers and bathroom facilities.
FULL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS $50.00 per year:
- Access to open studio every Thursday from 1:00 until 4:00 p.m. The open studio provides its members time to work on their own projects in the company of fellow members.
- A key less entry now allows full membership holders the opportunity to use the studio any time or day. *(some simple basic rules and safety regulations must be respected)
- Informed of upcoming workshops and events
- Access to tools: mat cutter etc.
- Opportunity to submit photos of their original work to our web administrator for the Member's gallery section of our website.
- 10% discount at art supply stores
- Participation in local exhibitions
- Lockers can be rented at an additional nominal fee
This membership level is suitable for anyone interested in supporting The Artist Workshop but not participating in any open studios.
A selection of papers and canvases is available for purchase right on site.
Art classes and workshops are conducted frequently for both members and non-members. The artist workshop offers classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced artists. The workshops are usually during the week day and some weekends. Stay tuned... Evening and on-line classes will be coming soon!
Some past instructors have included renowned artists such as Bill Biddle from Dunnville, Doug Mays from Hamilton, Bonnie Steinberg from Thornhill and Eric Mannella/Michelle Benham from Montreal. Susan Bennett, Cathy Groulx, Sue Goossens and Michelle Jefferies-Snively are some of the local artists we have had as instructors. The Artist Workshop have also been fortunate to have a renowned international artist Calogero Termine from Sicily, Italy teach workshops.
Please note the Artist Workshop does not claim nor accept any liability for accuracy or authenticity of the content of the website. It is the viewers of the website responsibility for assessing the relevance and accuracy of the website content.
PERMANENT ART COLLECTION
This exhibition has been donated by present and past members of the Artist Workshop. This collection is displayed in our lounge. Our collection of art is focused on local works of art painted by our local members/artists. The Artist Workshop is continuously adding to its present collection.